Markha Valley Group Trek
Duration of Trek: 08 Days
Best Time: June to September.
Highest Point: Kongmaru La (5,100m)
Focus: Monasteries, Monks, People Villages.
Highlight: Markha Valley Trek, Monasteries and Landscape.
Physical Challenge: Moderate overall.
Day 01- Leh/Spituk/Zingchen 5 hours (Lunch and Dinner)
After the breakfast drive to Spituk Bridge behind the Spituk monastery, around 7 kms from Leh town. From Spituk bridge starts the trekking along Indus River walking through flat and desolate plane at the foot of the Stok Mountain. Gradually, you will leave the view of busy Leh-Srinagar highway and move towards wilderness of Himalaya. Soon you arrive at Zingchen through a gorge, which gives you a feeling of complete isolation. Stay overnight in Camp at Zingchen.
Day 02- Zingchen to Yurutse 4 to 5 hours (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner)
Leave Zingchen for Rumbak through a straight forward road; leaving village, you enter Hemis national park for the preservation of Snow leopard, Baharal, marmot, wolf etc. Walk through a narrow trail and valley widens as you arrive Rumbak and camp at Yurutse below Gandala Pass. Overnight in Camp.
Day 03- Yurutse to Skyu 6-7 hours (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner)
From Yurutse follow the path along the mountain side, then cross a small valley and follow zig zag steep path. There after cross Gandala pass (4380m). Then walk the long descent towards Shingo for 2 hrs that will lead to the valley of Markha and after few hundred meters you reach Skyu. Overnight halt in tents.
Day 04- Sku to Markha 7-8 hours (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner)
From Skyu, follow a good path on the right bank of Markha where one can find great vegetation. Then cross the right bank of river then the barren plain and arrive at Chaluk. Thereafter, walk along the left bank of river and after another crossing climb towards Markha village. Towards the end of the village there are good camp site near the river. Overnight stay in tents.
Day 05- Markha to Thachungtse 5-6 hours (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner)
Right after breakfast you start trekking in the morning to reach Tchatchutse via Hankar village. Overnight in tents.
Day 06- Thachungtse to Nimaling 4-5 hours (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner)
After breakfast start trekking to reach Nimaling. Nimaling (4900 M) has a sweeping pasture where thousands of sheep, goats and yaks graze during the summer months. Rising to the south is 6400 M high Kang Yatse (Nimaling Peak), a lovely mountain, but not an easy one to climb. Overnight in tents.
Day 07- Nimaling to Shang Sumdo 6-7 hours (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner)
After breakfast start trekking to reach Kongmaru La (5100 M). The trek to Kongmaru la passes through narrow gorges. From the top of the pass, you can have a view of Ladakh ranges and the sight of villages to the north of Indus valley is excellent. Cross the pass and proceed to Shang. Overnight in tents.
Day 08- Shang Sumdo to Hemis to Leh 6 hours (Breakfast & Lunch)
Walk along the stream down to Hemis monastery, which is one of the oldest and richest monasteries in Ladakh. Visit Hemis monastery and drive to Leh, enroute visit Thiksey Monastery, Shey Palace and Stok Palace cum museum.
Tour Cost INR 35,500 net for 10-15 people/per person
What is included in trek cost?
• All transportation by Toyota Qualis, Innova or Scorpio.
• Two men tent, Kitchen and dinning tents.
• Kitchen tent with kitchen equipments and Toilet Tent.
• Stool, Table and mattresses.
• Food veg and non-veg.
• Cook, Helper and guide
• Horses for Luggages.
• Monument entrances, wild life fees and camping charges.
What is not included in above cost?
• Any flight tickets.
• No accommodation in Leh is included in Trekking Packages.
• Sleeping Bags, trekking shoes and clothing.
• Any Kind of Personal Expenses or Optional Tours / Extra Meals Ordered
• Any thing not specifically mentioned under the head “Prices Included”.
• Tips, Insurance, Laundry, Phone Calls.
• Any Kind of Drinks (Alcoholic, Mineral, Aerated)
• Cost incidental to any change in the itinerary/ stay on account of flight cancellation due to bad weather, ill health, roadblocks and/or any factors beyond control.
Terms & Conditions:
• Prices valid from 01 January 2015 to 31 March 2016.
• 10% cancellation charges if the trekking is cancelled within 30 days before the tour.
• 20% cancellation charges if the tour and trek is cancelled within a one week before the tour.
• No refund if the trek or tour is cancelled after starting or middle of the trek or tour.